Website Manager

Papillion Select Baseball

Papillion Storm Chasers Baseball



PSB Families,                                                                                                                      Current as of 3/18/2020

I, along with members of approximately 15 different youth sports organizations around the Omaha/Lincoln metro, have been meeting over the past week to 10 days as we all face unprecedented circumstances.  In my 22 years in this role, it’s the first time that this many organizations have ever connected to work towards a common message or direction.

Attached is a “press release” that will begin to circulate at approximately 10:00 am this morning on social media and through various email chains.  The intent of the message is simple – our youth sports community is connected to ensure the safety of our youth, our coaches and our families, and that we will move forward together if and when youth athletics can begin again.

The hope is that coaches and families will realize that all organizations are in the same place and will continue to meet as the environment changes on what seems to be a daily, if not hourly, basis.  All youth sports programs are now, just as we are, effectively shut down from team practices through March 30th, with reevaluation to take place over the coming week to ten days.

You’ll see reference to play going into July and August.  No dialogue has started in regards to that at this time.  The intent is to let folks know that we’ll do what we can to have a season so the boys who all work so hard can enjoy the sport they love.  Those decisions will likely be an Org by Org decision, and in some cases, a Team by Team decision.  It’s mid-March, so we have time to think through those “what if’s”.

You likely received notification from USSSA that at this time they are not sanctioning any events until further notice.  I would imagine that some early April tournaments will be cancelled (if they haven’t been already), but they may hold off until the week prior just in case things turn around rapidly.  Central Iowa Sports, who hosts Iowa USSSA events, has cancelled events through the weekend of April 12 at this time.

We will not make a decision on our April 24-26 event until we get closer to the date so that we can have the most current information in front of us to make an informed decision.  Obviously if USSSA extends the non-sanctioning through that weekend, our event will be cancelled.

As the document states, there are likely more questions than answers at this time.  And that goes for me as well – I’m sure you and your families have questions that I just cannot answer at this point.  Discussions are taking place with the Board so that we can begin to formulate answers or plans on a variety of “what if” scenarios.

For now, keep yourself, your family, and your team as safe and healthy as possible.

Thank you,


PSB President


Unified Press Release


Site Links

Contact Us

Papillion Select Baseball

Papillion, Nebraska  

Email Us: [email protected]
Copyright © 2020 Papillion Select Baseball  |  Privacy Statement |  Terms Of Use |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Login